Massive Fire Extinguisher Sale
Save up to 50% on high quality fire extinguishers today!
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & Canberra over $500
Welcome to Your One-Stop Fire Extinguisher Shop!
Fire extinguishers are a must-have in any home or business. If a fire breaks out, you will need a safe, reliable way to put it out before it gets out of control. Welcome to the Fire Extinguisher Shop! Here, you can buy fire extinguishers at reasonable prices.
What You Should Know Before Buying a Fire Extinguisher
When purchasing a fire extinguisher, it's very important that you choose the correct type for the materials you routinely handle. Using the wrong type of fire extinguisher can cause the fire to burn much hotter, allowing it to spread more quickly. In some cases, an explosion may also occur. You can easily tell what type of fire extinguisher you have by looking for a colored band near the top of the cylinder. To maximize fire safety, we recommend that you keep multiple types of fire extinguishers on hand at all times.
To make it easier for you to know which fire extinguisher you need, the Australian Government developed a classification system designed to categorize different types of fire sources. They are as follows:
- Class A - Common household combustibles such as paper, trash, fabrics, building materials, plastics)
- Class B - Flammable liquids such as petrol, oils and alcohol
- Class C - Flammable gases (butane, methane, propane, hydrogen)
- Class D - Flammable metals (lithium, magnesium, titanium, aluminium)
- Class E - Electrical devices, outlets and home appliances
- Class F - Cooking fats (grease, lard, tallow)
Fire Extinguisher Price
Most portable extinguishers start at $20 and go up to around AU$180, depending on the type of extinguisher, its size and other key factors.
Types of Extinguishers We Sell
We have many different types of fire extinguisher for sale including:
- Powder - Also called dry chemical extinguishers, powder extinguishers work by separating the air from the fuel in order to prevent the fuel from burning.
There are different types of dry chemical extinguishers. Some are good for type B and E fires, others are good for type A, B and E fires. Read the label to find out what type of fire your extinguisher is designed to extinguish. Powder extinguishers are marked with a white band.
- CO2 - CO2 extinguishers use a cloud of carbon dioxide gas to not only deplete the fire's oxygen supply, but also cool affected devices. These will have a black band near the top of the canister. They are suitable for type B and E fires.Exercise caution when using; the Carbon Dioxide gas inside these fire extinguishers is kept under pressure and extremely cold. The gas can cause frostbite upon contact with exposed skin. There is no danger from using a Carbon Dioxide extinguisher on other types of fires; it simply will not work as effectively.
- Water - This type of fire extinguisher uses plain tap water and compressed air to put out fires. These are safe for use on Class A fires and have no colored band near the top of the cylinder.A word of warning: It is not safe to use a water-based extinguisher on a fat or grease fire. The water will instantly evaporate, splattering burning grease in all directions, potentially causing the fire to spread very rapidly. It is even more dangerous to use water extinguishers on Magnesium fires. Magnesium undergoes a dangerous chemical reaction when it comes in contact with water. This reaction creates unstable Hydrogen gas, which burns very violently, producing a reaction very similar to an explosion.
- Foam - An excellent alternative to dry chemical and carbon dioxide extinguishers is the foam extinguisher. It uses a specialized foaming agent that works very well on type A and B fires. The foam extinguisher is marked with a blue band.
- Wet chemical - Wet chemical extinguishers use a wet potassium solution to not only smother the fire, but to decrease its temperature as well. This is the only type of extinguisher that is specifically recommended for type F fires, although it also works well on type A fires. Therefore, these are a must-have in kitchens and restaurants throughout Australia. Wet chemical extinguishers are marked with either a yellow or oatmeal band.
- Vaporising liquid - Older models of VL extinguishers used pressurized Halon gas and were very effective, but are now deemed illegal to use in Australia because Halon is a Chlorofluorocarbon, but newer models do not use Halon gas. Chlorofluorocarbons are a group of greenhouse gases that are now known to be extremely harmful to the environment and to the Earth's ozone layer in particular. Although most of these extinguishers are only rated for type B and C fires, certain larger models can also be used on type A fires.
Buy fire extinguishers online
If you want to buy fire extinguishers online, contact Fire Extinguisher Shop for the best quality fire extinguishers at the lowest prices. We sell a wide range of fire extinguishers:
- Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- Carbon dioxide fire extinguishers
- Wet chemical fire extinguishers
- Water fire extinguishers
- Foam fire extinguishers
Our fire extinguishers are supplied with either a wall mounting bracket or vehicle bracket, depending on the size and type of fire extinguisher you want to purchase. We also offer discounts of buying the signs and having the maintenance tag stamped by us.
Dry chemical fire extinguishers are the most commonly used fire extinguishers in Australia. They are suitable for use of fires involving classes ABE.
Carbon dioxide fire extinguishers are also popular and are used in areas with electrical equipment. They can be used on electrical fires without damaging the nearby equipment.
If you are looking to buy fire extinguishers at cheap prices without sacrificing quality then Fire Extinguisher Shop is the place to buy from.
You will save l lot of money when buying ABE fire extinguishers and CO2 fire extinguishers.
Quality fire extinguishers
We have been selling state-of-art, effective and safe fire extinguishers for over a decade. Our years of experience in supplying them has allowed us to apply our much-improved techniques and technology in making them better.
Fire protection equipment
We provide a variety of fire extinguishers and accessories to help you keep your home, business, and family safe. We also sell fire protection equipment like fire hose reels, exit lights, smoke alarms and fire safety signs.
Our fire extinguisher range covers all types including CO2, wet chemical, water, foam and ABE fire extinguishers.
Australian Standards Approved
All of our fire safety equipment is certified and approved by Australian Standards.